We all love good dips. Getting our kids to eat healthy is another question. These nutritious pick-me-ups are best served with bite-sized vegetables, fruit, whole grain tortilla chips or pita chips. Healthy recipes that are easy-to-make and fun for the whole family- yay!
APPLE DIP RECIPE
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Stir together the cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until the sugar has dissolved, and the mixture is smooth.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup black olives, drained
- In a large serving dish, spread the refried beans. Layer the guacamole on top of the beans.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream and taco seasoning mix. Spread over the layer of guacamole.
- Sprinkle a layer of Cheddar cheese over the mayonnaise mixture layer. Sprinkle tomato, green onions and black olives over the cheese.
Nutritional Information: (Amount Per Serving) Calories: 47/ Total Fat: 3.6g / Calories: 7 mg
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a blender or food processor combine garbanzo beans, garlic, cumin, salt and olive oil. Blend on low speed, gradually adding reserved bean liquid, until desired consistency is achieved.
Nutritional Information: (Amount Per Serving) Calories: 35/ Total Fat 3.6g / Chloresterol 0 mg
Tags: easy-to-make snacks, fun healthy snacks, great health snacks, great snacks for kids, healthy dips, healthy dips for kids, healthy food ideas, healthy snack dips, healthy snack ideas, healthy snacks for kids, quick healthy snacks, quick snacks for kids