Want a fruity and festive loaf of bread to accompany your delectable holiday spread? Try out this amazing Date Nut Bread recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com!
- 1 1/2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 1/4 cups boiling water
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine baking soda with the boiling water. Soak the dates in the water and baking soda solution for 30 minutes.
- Cream sugar and butter together. Add eggs, vanilla, dates, nuts, flour, and salt.
- Divide batter equally between two 9 x 5 (or 8 1/2 x 4 1/2) inch greased loaf pans. Bake 1 hour at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) (or until loaf tests done). Can be frozen when cool.