Even though the holidays are over, we still have many more reasons for you to celebrate here at Caterbid! For instance, today is National Chocolate Candy day! Chocolate is an international sweet treat that is very versatile. It ranges in many different types and flavors that can accommodate any palate or budget! Stop by your local gourmet chocolatier or, if you’re feeling adventurous, here’s a delicious, easy recipe for homemade traditional chocolate truffles!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until well blended. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla until no streaks remain. Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll truffles in ground walnuts (or any ground nuts), cocoa, coconut, confectioners’ sugar, candy sprinkles, etc.
- To flavor truffles with liqueurs or other flavorings, omit vanilla. Divide truffle mixture into thirds. Add 1 tablespoon liqueur (almond, coffee, orange) to each mixture; mix well.