We all love good dips. Getting our kids to eat healthy is another question. These nutritious pick-me-ups are best served with bite-sized vegetables, fruit, whole grain tortilla chips or pita chips. Healthy recipes that are easy-to-make and fun for the whole family- yay!
APPLE DIP RECIPE
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Stir together the cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until the sugar has dissolved, and the mixture is smooth.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup black olives, drained
- In a large serving dish, spread the refried beans. Layer the guacamole on top of the beans.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream and taco seasoning mix. Spread over the layer of guacamole.
- Sprinkle a layer of Cheddar cheese over the mayonnaise mixture layer. Sprinkle tomato, green onions and black olives over the cheese.
Nutritional Information: (Amount Per Serving) Calories: 47/ Total Fat: 3.6g / Calories: 7 mg
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a blender or food processor combine garbanzo beans, garlic, cumin, salt and olive oil. Blend on low speed, gradually adding reserved bean liquid, until desired consistency is achieved.
Nutritional Information: (Amount Per Serving) Calories: 35/ Total Fat 3.6g / Chloresterol 0 mg